Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dinner with Chair


I originally did this drawing in pencil, but then at the suggestion of my friend Laura I put in color on top of a xerox copy with color pencils. It was fun to do, but takes so much longer than drawing the original! It is Artwords weekly topic #48.

5 comments:

molly jean said...

Very nice drawing. I like that technique. That remindes me of the way the old masters painted a monotone with a full shading light to dark and then applied glazes of color on top after that dried. I forget what that is called, it has an Italian name, I think. Chiariscuro, maybe?

molly jean said...

You have inspired me; I need to get back to drawing. The everyday kind!

Anne said...

I love this! There's something very nostalgic about it. ;)

K said...

Thank you Molly and Anne! I really appreciate your stopping by!
Anne, maybe it looks nostalgic because the dining room suite is sort of semi-antique. I bought it from friends and it had been the wife's grandmother's set, so I think that would make it at least 60 years old . . .
Thanks again for visting, I really love your photography!

K said...

By the by, this would count for Artwords Topic #49, too!!