Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shoes for Bastille Day!


Quite a few of my Flickr contacts have been drawing shoes lately, and I have been thinking of drawing this pair for quite awhile as they are my current fave pair of shoes (that doesn't mean I wear them alot, it means I like their looks alot!). So I finally broke down and painted them last night, in watercolor. This is what I call a pair of open toe, slingback pumps, slingbacks for short.

After my friend Andrea posted what she calls a pump on Flickr and her blog: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80676961@N00/737158218" and http://www.flickr.com/photos/80676961@N00/801116733/ and her blog: http://andreajoseph24.blogspot.com/ we had quite a discussion about what a pump is. There are different definitions in Britain and America, we discovered. So we wrote some comments back and forth about it. It was fun talking about! Hope you enjoy this painting, too!

(Sorry, I've tried making the links hot again, but can't seem to do it, no techno-geek me!:~(

Oh, I just thought I would mention Bastille Day since that's what it is today, and I have some French blood in me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice painting! I could sure use a pair of shoes like that: very stylish.

K said...

Hi Martha and thanks for visiting! Glad you like it! What size are you? Maybe we can arrange a swap?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

he he! I do love this paintig of yours. It's even better closer up!

K said...

Hi again Andrea! Thanks for your comment, I did think you would really like these shoes based on what I have seen of yours!
But they really are too tight across for me :~(

Kerstin Klein said...

hey the shoe is great and your drawing too!

just sending you a link: http://illustrationcontest.blogspot.com/2007/08/and-winner-is.html

:)

K said...

Thanks so much, Kerstin! I've got to spend some time and write a new blog entry about the illustration contest!

Anonymous said...

wonderful paiting...looks real...I'd prefer the same model josef seibel shoes for my wife....