
Doing a figure is easy for me since I draw so many people, although I don't get a chance to draw a whole figure everyday. However, yesterday, standing in line at the bank, I was able to sketch the girl in front of me (well, almost in front of me since there was someone else between us, they just weren't as interesting to draw!), from the tip of her head down to her flip-flop clad feet. Fortunately there was a long line at the bank so I was able to complete the sketch of her, although I filled in the people at the counter from my imagination. Then this morning before leaving for work I watercolored the drawing. I tried to match the nice aqua color of her top as best I could, but her pants had been a dull gray, so I gave them a little more interest with a blueish color (Payne's Grey in my watercolor set). I think the whole floor is marble, but I chose to color it as though it were carpet (there is carpet in the customer service section) so that there could be more interest.





No comments:
Post a Comment