Gosh I've been wanting to get over here! Hope you had a peaceful and wonderful Easter weekend. Thank you so much for your visits to my blog and all of your lovely comments and continued support =)
And I just love your recent pics here - the colors are absolutely gorgeous!!
Also I sure hope you didn't get any of that snow as I'm coming out your way (well about 3 or 4 hrs south of you I believe? to Hampton, Va) for a trip at the beginning of May. I'm attending a mixed media art retreat that I booked about 6 months ago, boy it sure came up fast!!
Anyway, lots of supplies to bring for it and also my husband is joining me (not for the art part, I lured him with the prospect of seeing the East Coast lol!) so we're making it a much needed trip for both of us.
I'm planning on sketching enroute, while I'm there and down by the water & such but we'll see how much I actually get done. I bought some new sketchbooks for it, they're kind of like moleskines but not as pricey. They don't take a lot of abuse though so I'm going to sketch outside here locally this week to see what medium works best in them.
Wow, Laura, that sounds like such a great trip! Too bad Hampton Roads is so far away! Great to have your hubby along! Hope he finds lots to do and see. You won't be far from Williamsburg, I don't think, so that should make a fun day trip.
I'll really look forward to seeing your sketches from the trip!
2 comments:
Hi Kathleen!!
Gosh I've been wanting to get over here! Hope you had a peaceful and wonderful Easter weekend. Thank you so much for your visits to my blog and all of your lovely comments and continued support =)
And I just love your recent pics here - the colors are absolutely gorgeous!!
Also I sure hope you didn't get any of that snow as I'm coming out your way (well about 3 or 4 hrs south of you I believe? to Hampton, Va) for a trip at the beginning of May. I'm attending a mixed media art retreat that I booked about 6 months ago, boy it sure came up fast!!
Anyway, lots of supplies to bring for it and also my husband is joining me (not for the art part, I lured him with the prospect of seeing the East Coast lol!) so we're making it a much needed trip for both of us.
I'm planning on sketching enroute, while I'm there and down by the water & such but we'll see how much I actually get done. I bought some new sketchbooks for it, they're kind of like moleskines but not as pricey. They don't take a lot of abuse though so I'm going to sketch outside here locally this week to see what medium works best in them.
Ok that's it for now, take care!
Laura
Wow, Laura, that sounds like such a great trip! Too bad Hampton Roads is so far away! Great to have your hubby along! Hope he finds lots to do and see. You won't be far from Williamsburg, I don't think, so that should make a fun day trip.
I'll really look forward to seeing your sketches from the trip!
My Easter was very nice--hope yours was, too!
Post a Comment