Friday, March 30, 2007

Another Spring Day!





Last night was cool again (about 40 degrees, I think). But today was another glorious spring day. On the way to the train this morning I took some photos of some more crocuses still out, and some more daffodils. But no time for drawing them. Since I was taking the train again finally, I did get to do a little bit of drawing on the train, which I have posted on my Flickr photostream. Well, why don't I put one of them up here--I really liked the contrast of this one lady's fancy clothes and pumps with the back pack she was carrying!


Getting ready to go into another busy weekend! I do hope to do a daffodil painting for a good friend who helped me out with something this week, so I hope I can fit that in!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Kathleen! Super busy getting into the spring of things this week as the weather heads near 60 here, 'bout time too! Have been wanting to drop in and see what you've been up to and also to thank you for your lovely comments on my recent project, thanks for your support =)

And....I just LOVE your flower pics Kathleen!! Such wonderful colors & textures! I want to get a new camera soon, not too pricey/ easy to use, but still takes nice sharp pics for onsite reference photos, still lifes, etc. What kind of camera do you have, your pics look clear & crisp...

Laura said...

P.S.- forgot to add my comment on your latest sketch =) Super job on that, such awesome details and I still can't believe it's done it blue pen!! I have some and this makes me want to try them out!

K said...

Hi Laura!
Just a quick note--I'm on the run as usual on the weekend!
It's a Canon Powershot A530 and it was about $150. I'm pretty happy with it, but you can't do macro photography, so I can't get some of those really neat flower closeups that other people do. But I enjoy it alot!
Blessings, K